Saturday, June 6, 2009

Working with files on your camcorder...

If you've got a recent version of Windows, you can work with the videos you've shot as files (sorry Mac users, I'm a Windows guy). Take a look at this post to see how to attach your camcorder to your PC. Once you've followed those instructions, follow these steps to get the video files from your camcorder onto your computer.

I've created a simple video showing these steps here.

Open Windows Explorer
  1. Locate the drive representing your camcorder. On my PC, it appears as drive I (I've got a bunch of drives)
  2. Drill down to this path: I:\AVCHD\BDMV\STREAM (the first drive letter will probably be different on your PC - see step 2)
  3. Copy the files to the clip board if you want to leave them on your camcorder or cut them if you want to move them
  4. Navigate to whereever you want to store videos on you computer and paste them.

No comments:

Post a Comment