Saturday, June 6, 2009

Why not the Canon HG21?

Canon has a newer model of the Vixia called the HG21. I chose the older HG20 model for the following reasons:

  • The HG20 is cheaper and seemed to me to be a better overall value
  • The only obvious difference I found before I bought the camera was that the HG21 has a hard drive that's twice as big. Since the HG20's hard drive can already store five and half hours of high definition (22 hours of the lower definition!), I decided it was NOT worth the extra money (five and half hours is plenty for my needs). Anyway, both have a slot for an HD card that allows you to record more if you need it.

Upon receiving the camera, I discovered that there's a single user manual for both models. I'll use this post to track the differences that are called out in the manual.

No comments:

Post a Comment